Christian Eiroa Camacho Cigars
- Interview with Christian Eiroa, President of Camacho Cigars, single handedly orchestrated the aquisition of Camacho Cigars by Davidoff of Geneva. He is the master blender of Camacho brand cigars including the Camacho 10th Anniversary, Camacho Connecticut, Camacho Corojo, Camacho Coyolar Puro, Camacho Plus, Camacho Select, Camacho SLR, Camacho Triple Maduro, and also produces Baccarat The Game. Recently we had the opportunity to sit down and ask him a few questions:
- Q.What do you feel is behind the success of Camacho Cigars?
- A. … When I first started in the business in 1995, I spent two years travelling around the country exploring and I realized that the country was hungry for a real full bodied cigar. As a 24 year old I realized that the corojo seed is what we need. We were the first ones and until today the only ones the authentic corojo seed. That was our first trendsetting enterprise, creating a whole new niche in the cigar industry.
- Q. How has the transition been since the sale of Camacho to the Davidoff Company of Geneva?
- A. … It has been exactly what we expected and what davidoff promised. We have absolutely no issues between us and the Davidoff team. They are tobacco people, they know the industry and the give us their complete trust and support. I am very pleased with being able to lead the Camacho production under their watchful eye.
- Q. Any trends you see for the cigar industry in the near or distant future? As far as taste, flavor, strength
- A. … Right now is a great time for cigar consumers in the sense that they have such a wide selection of cigars to choose from. There is no question that the full bodied cigar will keep on being the engine driving the market forward.
- Q. What are your thoughts on all the recent talk of cuba and ending the embargo?
- A. … We are watching the the political process very closely with an eager eye. The lifting of the embargo will be fantastic for our industry, but with plenty of challenges: how to secure title rights, securing a skilled labor force, procurement rights in a society wich is transitioning from communism back to communism? My father and I are enthusiastic about the opportunity to maybe start a Camacho factory in Havana.
- Q. Finally, anything we can expect from Camacho in the near future?
- A. … We have a whole set of plans that are materializing in the near future. Next month we are launching the Camacho Connecticut for the first time with a tremendous secret wrapper. To be followed shortly by the Baccarat Dominican which will be our first collaboration with the Davidoff OK factory. Right after that we are going to roll out the Camacho plus ‘No Excuse Full Body Smoke”.
- Print page
- Add to favorites
- Send to e-mail
- Add to Reddit
- Add to Yahoo
- Add to Google
- Digg It
- Twitt it
Report it here